RGB Networks is seeking a Software Engineer to join our growing development team in Sunnyvale, CA.
Building on success in digital video, RGB Networks has transformed into a leader in multiscreen IP video, working closely with the world’s largest cable and telecom operators to define and implement the newest era of video delivery. With the industry’s most scalable solutions for delivering and monetizing TV Everywhere services, RGB is leading development of the next generation of technologies for transcoding, packaging and ad insertion in live and on-demand IP video environments.
About the Position
Reporting to the Software Engineering Manager, the Software Engineer will work with a fast-paced team responsible for the design and implementation of next-generation software for RGB's industry-leading TV Everywhere solutions. The candidate will participate in the architecture, design, development and testing of highly scalable, distributed applications for video streaming.
About the Candidate
We are seeking a senior level engineer who can contribute to the knowledge base and efforts of our engineering team. Requirements include:
- Minimum of 8 years software development/design/architecture experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science required; MS preferred
- Must have strong programming and design experience with OOP methodologies in C++ as well as Python
- Strong knowledge of distributed systems and networking concepts
- Must have development experience with distributed Linux environments
- Thorough knowledge of SQL and transactional databases
- Experience with agile and continuous integration build environments a plus
- Experience with HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS) and/or Microsoft Smooth Streaming (MSS) a big plus
- Ability to work in a challenging environment where software performance and stability are critical
- Organized and efficient; good-natured but tenacious
- Ability to set goals and achieve them with minimal direction
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; team player
About our Benefits
With development offices in Sunnyvale, CA and Austin, TX, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including:
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Relocation assistance
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
***PRINCIPALS ONLY PLEASE*** RGB Networks is not currently accepting applications from third party agencies. Any resumes/applications received from third party agencies that were not specifically requested by RGB will be deemed unsolicited and therefore no fee will be due to the agency for any placement.