Effective November 3, 2008
As used in this policy, the terms “using” and “processing” information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates within the United States or internationally.
1. Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve Site and the RGB Networks products.
Personally Identifiable Information.
- In the course of using this Site, you may provide us with personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you, and information on your use of and activities at our Site that may be connected with you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information that we collect may include, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, email address and postal addresses. Personal Information may also include information you supply to us concerning your preferences and interests expressed in the course of use of our Site.
- We may also collect other information that you provide in the course of using this Site (e.g., without limitation, zip code (on its own) and individual preferences) (“Non-Identifying Information”).
- Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other users to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the Site and our products and to analyze and understand how our Site and are products are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
- We also use your Personal Information to contact you with RGB Networks newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications.
- When you visit the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This information may include, but is not limited to, your computer’s Internet Protocol address, browser type, the web page you were visiting before you came to our Site and information you search for on our Site.
2. How We Use Personal Information
- Personal Information is used for the following purposes: (i) to provide and improve our Site, services, features and content, (ii) to administer your use of our Site, (iii) to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Site, (iv) to better understand your needs and interests, (v) to fulfill requests you may make, (vi) to personalize your experience, and (vii) to provide updates and announcements.
- We use information we obtain by technical means (such as the automatic recording performed by our servers) for the above purposes and in order to monitor and analyze use of the Site and our services and for the Site’s technical administration, to increase our Site’s functionality and user-friendliness, to better tailor it to your needs, to generate and derive useful data and information concerning the interests, characteristics and website use behavior of our users, and to verify that visitors to the Site meet the criteria required to process their requests.
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information that includes your Personal Information, Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis and demographic profiling and to deliver targeted advertising about other products and services.
Service Providers, Business Partners and Others. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our service, to provide the service and products on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (including but not limited to maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Site’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Site and service are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only for purposes of performing these tasks on our behalf. We may also provide Personal Information to our business partners or other trusted entities for the purpose of providing you with information on goods or services we believe will be of interest to you. You can, at any time, opt out of receiving such communications.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. RGB Networks cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of RGB Networks or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable.
4. Changing or Deleting Your Information
All users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in our files by contacting us. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated. If you would like us to delete your record in our system, please contact us and we will attempt to accommodate your request if we do not have any legal obligation to retain the record. See below for privacy contact information.
5. International Transfer
RGB Networks is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ reasonable measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access.
Like many websites, we use “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. We use persistent cookies to save your registration ID and login password for future logins to the Site. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Site.
8. Log Data
When you visit the Site our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site, pages of our Site that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Site, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Site and for the Site’s technical administration, to increase our Site’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to our visitors’ needs. We also use this information to verify that visitors to the Site meet the criteria required to process their requests.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to us. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited
e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
10. Our Policy Toward Children
This Site is not directed to children under 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at http://www.rgbnetworks.com/about/contact.php. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
11. Contacting Us